Thursday, February 5, 2009

My family and I just got back this evening from a performance by Joshua Bell. It was wonderful!! The violin is such a expressive instrument. I love the piano but the violin really seems to speak and sing to you. That is kind of a silly way to describe the sound but that is the way I hear it. My favorite piece that was played was by Cesar Franck, Violin Sonata in A major. Also, for a encore, he played a piece called Meditation by Jules Massenet. I had heard the piece before and it was wonderful to see him play it. I could have stayed there all night listening to him play piece after piece. The evening ended all too soon.
This is the first piece of music that I heard Mr. Bell play on a CD a year or so ago. The piece is beautiful to begin with but Mr. Bell makes it even more so.

Posted by: Carissa

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

How beautiful!
I think that I have heard him play this song before when I stumbled onto it on the internet a few years ago.

It is so calming and peaceful. It just makes me want to lay on the grass in the middle of a field under a tree and close my eyes, listening to the wind go through the trees. How serene and wonderful.
It reminds me of "Anne of Green Gables" by:L.M.Montgomery where anne says that if she was going to pray she would go out into a field and just feel a prayer.

That's what it makes me feel like. So moving. So special. Just going out into God's creation and thanking him for another beautiful day.

God Bless,
Jessica

February 6, 2009 at 9:10 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

That's so relaxing!! I'm finally able to listen to things like this because of Ethan's laptop. Mr. Cole just updated something so that I can. yeh!!

I wish I could have gone;) Thanks for sharing this!!

See ya'll tomorrow.
Stephanie

February 7, 2009 at 12:43 PM  
Blogger Mrs. E said...

You must of had a wonderful time at the concert!!
I haven't been exposed to much of Joshua Bell's music but I think I have heard his name before. I listened to some of his music on playlist.com and feel quickly in love with it. I added 2 of his songs to my blog! ;)
Thanks so much for sharing.

Blessings,
Miss Jen

February 8, 2009 at 2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home